Friday, June 20, 2008

Dreams


It does not snow in the summer! It does not snow in the summer! At least not in our hemisphere. Well it did in my dream, heavily, white snow covering the ground in the middle of June. Ugh, my dreams are messed up. Seriously!
And whats worse is I feel awful, I think I have a sore throat, and how gets that in June. Not cool. Not cool at all. But now that we are talking about dreams, I think I can have a long rant about them. That for once isn't about school, for the most part.
Ahhh.....Dreams. I love them, I adore them, they make it worth to go to bed. And really why would anyone mind a full-fledged long and complicated movie every night, even if you are like me and almost immediately forget it afterwards. (If you don't; I envy you, there were at least a few best sellers in my dreams *sighs*) Plus you never really no whats going to happen next, or in your next dream, for dreams are one of the many things we don't control, sort of. Unlike when you are making up things, for a story or something similar, dreams come form somewhere in our head. They reflect our thoughts, emotions, or somethings that we recently saw or did. This has happened more then once with books or movies that I'd see the night before. After I would sometimes have a dream with me somehow involved in it, and everything messed up. Proof a very long time ago I saw this movie with an airplane that had like a whole in it, which they had to fix. Then in my dream I was on that flight, except the whole was on the floor and we were trying to cover it with a pair of shoes? Don't ask, just don't. But sadly it doesn't always work like that, I've read Twilight way too many times before bed, and I don't Edward or Jacob appearing in my dreams. *sigh * It all somehow involves the brain, even though even scientist aren't even sure how. Its not like the person can tell them, "OK I am dreaming now." and even if they can record brain movement, there is no specific proof. If you are really interested in the science- Go on wikipedia.
But you know what they say about wikipedia
Mr. Kelly: Wikipedia is edited by random people. Encyclopedias like Britannica are edited by experts.

Carter: I actually read that Wikipedia is the most accurate encyclopedia out of all of them.

Mr. Kelly: Did you read that on Wikipedia?
-tjbash

Sorry, I had to add that. I like that quote a lot, yeah..... So like I was saying dreams represent things that happened in a really twisted fashion. And through that theoretically new ideas can be created, gah I am contradicting myself. But nothing is ever completely new, it can get close, but not be completely new.
Dreams also represent our emotions and our worries. I've had quite a bit of that too, like before I started 8th grade, there were quite a few nightmares about that. And that part is quite clear our problems don't stop when we fall asleep.

Dream interpretation
I smirk at things about dream using symbolism. To me its very absurd, very. I mean how can your brain know to use an UFO to show you are seeking higher purpose in life (that is what an old magazine of mine said). Everyone is different, and isn't it a bit much for the brain to use complicated symbolism to send you a message. Or maybe I just hate symbolism (bad memories). Still while dreams probably reflect and give us a message, not through complicated symbolism. Though I am not a professional, thats what Freud and others are for. Even so I am amazed by dreams, and possibly will research them more one day. But for now I will just keep dreaming and hope to remember one long enough, to make a novel.....like SM! (Don't ask me who she is, you have to know this. Oh I love you SM)............

What are some of your wackier dreams?
Mine tend to be epics that lead from story to story, but usually have some overbearing I-they-find-me-i-am-dead suspense.
Also when you are free-falling in your dreams you tend to wake up.
And according to wiki: Common themes in everyones dreams are "situations relating to school, being chased, running slowly in place, sexual experiences, falling, arriving too late, a person now alive being dead, teeth falling out, flying, embarrassing moments, failing an examination, not being able to move, not being able to focus vision and car accidents."
I can not disagree here, I had plenty of that.

FInally only 12% of the population dreams in black and white, poor people.
Dream away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, one of my wackier dreams was that I was dreaming I was a guy and I had to go save this princess. It was so WEIRD! I'll never forget it. But good post! I love dreams!

Anonymous said...

The strangest dream I remember was a recurring dream I had when I was a kid. There were these two like, seven -year-old boys in my neighborhood that chased me with bow and arrows or something. And they were the toy bow and arrows, with the suction cups on the end. And in the dream my backyard was huge and the house was like, indestructible too because they also set a bomb off in the yard more than once.

I forget pretty much all of my dreams as soon as I wake up. Hopefully one day I'll remember one of mine like SM did.

And despite the fact it's June I've woken up with I don't know how many sore throats this summer. It stinks!